"Hello" from Washougal Community Education & Recreation.
See Flyers for Community Education Summer programs on the left. Click on the appropriate flyer to download or view.
Youth Summer Programs include:
• High School Credit Recovery
• Summer Camps for ages 4 to 10: Weekly themes include "Dino Dig", "Giggley Gooey, Wiggley Ooey", "Crazy About Sports", "Legotastic", and "Splash"!!!
• Sport Camps: Track, Basketball, Soccer, Tae Kown Do - See Sport Camps Flyer.
• NEW Sport Camps: Washougal Girl's Panther Cub Basketball Camp, 2013-2014 Grades 1-8;
Washougal Middle School Football Camp, 2013-2104 Grades 6-8 - See individual camp flyers.
• Summer Dance Camps, Jump Up! Tumble Dance Camp, Young Ballerinas Dance Camp, Broadway Kids Tap & Tumble Camp, All Day Dance Camp, Ages 4 to 8
• Mad Science Summer Camps
Ages 5 to 7, Rockets & The Science of Flight
Ages 7 to 12, Rocket Lab
• Safe Sitter Training for ages 11 and older (June 20 class Full - NEW CLASS June 21)
To see Adult Classes view or download the Spring/Summer 2013 Catalog, please click on the
catalog image to the left.
To download a Registration Form, click on the Registration pdf link to the left.
We also offer Ed2Go Online classes! Hundreds of courses to choose from! Classes are inexpensive and you can complete courses entirely from your home or office, any time of the day or night. Click on the pdf. to the left for more information!!
Registration and contact information for classes:
Mail: PO Box 559, Washougal WA 98671
Site: Hathaway School, Portable D, 630 24th Street, Washougal WA
School Year Office Hours:
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Summer Office Hours:
Starting June 20
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday
Washougal instructors are offering a variety of classes and activities for individuals of all ages. WCER receives funding and in-kind support from the Washougal School District, and the City of Washougal. As a service organization, our goal is to meet the needs of the patrons with programs relevant to the unique lifestyle of East Clark County and West Skamania County.
Classes are self-supporting and taught by knowledgeable instructors who share their talents. WCER believes that instructors are the mainstay of this program, and WCER is the facilitator. “Thank you” to all our past instructors, facilitators, and coaches for your contributions.
We want to bring your skills and expertise to your friends and neighbors through the use of your local school facilities. We encourage your input as we continue to grow.
To instruct a class, please call Kathy Douglas-Evans, 360-954-3838.
Kathy Douglas-Evans, CE Technician
Lisa Young, Extended Learning Manager
District Compliance Statement
The Washougal School District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and will not illegally discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender identity, age (over 40), marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. This holds true for all district employment and educational programs. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the school district's Title IX/ RCW 28A.640 compliance officer and/or Section 504/ADA coordinator.
Washougal School District Title IX/RCW 28A.640/ADA compliance officer: Doug Bright
4855 Evergreen Way
Washougal, WA 98671
Washougal School District Section 504 coordinator: Allan Fleck
4855 Evergreen Way
Washougal, WA 98671
Addresses for class locations:
• Canyon Creek Middle School, 9731 Washougal River Rd., Washougal
• Cape Horn-Skye Elementary School, 9731 Washougal River Rd., Washougal
• Excelsior High School, 1401 39 St., Washougal
• Gause Elementary School, 1100 34 St., Washougal
• Hathaway Elementary School, 630 24 St., Washougal
• Jemtegaard Middle School, 35300 E Evergreen Blvd., Washougal
• Washougal High School, 1201 39 St., Washougal