In the event of a school closure due to inclement weather or an emergency, the information will be updated on the FlashAlert.net site . Washougal School District also uses an auto-notification system to let parents and staff know about school delays and closures. We will contact the phone number listed in the student information system for your family in the event of a weather incident. You can see what number we have on file for you by logging into WESPaC’s Family Access. The phone call will come from caller ID 360-954-3000.
The bus number will identify bus routes changed due to inclement weather, if on snow routes, hour late start, or not operating.
Special services routes- students will be notified by driver if other than their regular stop location.
If a bus is on snow route or canceled for AM, it will be the same for the PM route unless the restriction is lifted.
If school closes early, there will be no PM Preschool, no PM SPACE, and afternoon/evening Community Education classes will be canceled. There will be no use of school facilities by outside entities.
For remote, hybrid, or fully in-person:
- If the decision is to close, we will close facilities, cancel all services, and add inclement weather make-up dates as noted in the district calendar. If we experience more than two weather closures (i.e., if we use up the built-in snow days), we will implement distance learning for the additional closure days. Distance learning will follow the schedule for your site.
- All on-site activities such as the in-person learning, athletics practices, and club activities will be cancelled.
- Preschool and WSD childcare will be cancelled.
- Cascadia Tech Academy (CTA) will not have a bus.
- ECEAP will also close
- EOCF Head Start program at Hathaway plans to switch to distance learning
||Weather Delay start time for HYBRID program
||Columbia River Gorge
- Hybrid schedules are listed in the table above by school
- Bus pickup times will adjust to follow the weather delay hybrid start time in the table
- Small Groups starting before 10 AM are cancelled, small groups that start after 10 AM follow their usual schedule
- There is no early release on a Wednesday if we have a late start
- There is no Cascadia Technical Academy (Skills Center) bus at WHS
- WHS Zero Period classes are cancelled
- The Washougal Adult Transition Program at WHS will start with the same delay as WHS
- EOCF Head Start program at Hathaway will do distance learning
- ECEAP child care will open an hour later
- There is no AM Community Education Preschool or Special Education Preschool
- PM Preschool is held as usually scheduled
- All athletic practices or club activities BEFORE school are cancelled. The late start does not impact after school practice times or game schedules.
- The Washougal Child Care program will adjust to start at 10:00 AM.
Other ways to access the Emergency Information shared by Washougal School District