December/January Newsletter for Parents and Families (posted 11-23-2015)
Please read our monthly newsletter to find important dates and information about our school.
Lost and Found is Overflowing! (posted 9-24-2015)
Please take note that items left in the Gause lost and found will be collected and donated to charity once a month beginning October 1, 2015.
At the end of each month, we will bag and store for two weeks, our students’ lost and found items and after those two weeks, donate all lost and found items to a local charity. Please label your child’s clothing and ask your child to be sure not to leave any of their personal belongings on the playground. We also ask that you check the lost and found on a regular basis. Thank you for your cooperation.
Booster September News (posted 9-10-2015)
The great Gause Booster group has their September newsletter ready for parents and families. In this issue are information about Box Tops, the Sport-A-Thon Fundraiser, the weekend backpack program, a calendar of events, and ways to get involved with the Boosters. Thanks for reading!
New After School Parent Pick-Up Procedure 2015-2016 (posted 9-3-2015)
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we iron out bugs in our student pick-up procedure. The safety of our students is our biggest concern.
• If your child will be picked up after school on a regular basis, enter on the south end of the building by the cafeteria and exit out the main lobby doors.
• A Parent Pick-Up Pass will be required. These passes are non-transferrable. If other adults will occasionally pick up your child, such as a grandparent, another parent or a family friend, they will need a separate pass.
• Picture identification is needed to acquire a Parent Pick-Up Pass.
• If transportation changes, please notify the office by 2:00 PM. You may call either 954-3700 or 954-3702. Or contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• If there is a special situation with the adult picking up your child, please provide the office with the adult’s first and last name and have them bring picture identification.
New Free/Reduced Application for 2015-2016 (posted 8-12-2015)
Families who wish to continue receiving free or reduced price meals must submit a new application form each school year by the 30th day of school. For the 2015-2016 school year, that date is October 15th. Any students receiving reduced or free meals on a carry over from 2014-2015, who have not turned in a new form, will be charged full price starting on October 15. Families with questions about their application or who need assistance should contact Julie Kilgore at the District Office, or call her at 954-3009.
Meal prices for the 2015-2016 school year have gone up between $.05 and $.15 for both breakfast and lunch for regular priced meals. The ‘milk only’ price has also gone up by $.05. Increased meal prices will help cover the costs associated with complying with the new federal nutrition guidelines and also help reduce the amount that the district is subsidizing the food program.
Parent/Student Handbook 2015-16 (posted 8-1-2015)
Please use this link to download the updated parent/student handbook for the 2014-2015 school year.
Office Hours: 7:30 amó4:00 pm | School Hours: 9:00 amó3:30 pm; Wednesday 9:00 am —12:45 pm