WASHOUGAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
2018-19 Position Opening
SUMMER WEIGHT TRAINING COACH (.5 Stipend)
Washougal High School
$1,552.50 – $2,023
- Demonstrate a positive role model to students/athletes.
- Support the goals and philosophy of Washougal High School academic and athletic programs.
- Ability to exercise tact, good judgment, and initiative in dealing with students, faculty, parents, and the public.
- Teach the athletes of the high school the proper weight lifting and spotting techniques.
- Teach the athletes of the high school the fundamentals of a comprehensive fitness and conditioning program, which program will customarily include strength training, agility, stretching and nutrition counseling.
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of the program on a daily basis.
- Formulate appropriate in-season and off-season fitness and conditioning programs for each of the athletic teams of the high school.
- Develop, implement and maintain a program of testing all athletes of the high school for fitness, strength and endurance in a minimum of five specific categories.
- Implement the workout management system and assure that all coaches and athletes of the high school utilize the appropriate training.
- Establish safety procedures for use in the weight room of the high school, and supervise and monitor the behavior and activities of the athletes and coaching staff of the high school to assure compliance with all such procedures.
- Develop a schedule of use of the weight room so as to permit all athletes of the high school to attain the goals of the program.
- Assure that all equipment of the weight room and of the program is properly stored, maintained, cleaned and inspected, so as to promote and maintain a safe and productive workout environment.
- Report monthly to the Athletic Director as to the number of students participating, per month, in the comprehensive fitness/conditioning program, the in-season and off-season team fitness and conditioning programs, and any other programs originated or supervised by the position.
- Work directly with head coaches to make sure all athletes are on track as far as their workout is concerned.
- Preferred: Physical Education Teacher
- Training and/or experience with weight lifting techniques
- New employees: Must be fingerprinted for a Washington State Patrol and FBI inquiry, and a Washington State Sexual Misconduct inquiry.
- Must possess a valid first aid and CPR card, with an expiration date of at least one year from date of hire.
- Must possess a certificate for a course on HIV/AIDS, and Hepatitis B, provided by the district.
POSTED: June 4, 2019
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH: Open Until Filled
The Washougal School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employee(s) has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator: Marian Young, 4855 Evergreen Way, Washougal WA 98671, (360) 954-3050; Title IX Officer: Marian Young, 4855 Evergreen Way, Washougal WA 98671, (360) 954-3050; Section 504 Coordinator: Allison Blakely, 4855 Evergreen Way, Washougal WA 98671, (360) 954-3020.