Welcome! Bienvenidos! Добро пожаловать!
Washougal’s elementary schools are welcoming new students for the 2022-2023 school year. Future Kindergarten students are invited to come to school, meet the staff, and get a goodie bag. The welcome events, listed below, will take place at each K-5 school. The welcome kit will include materials to help families get their student ready for Kindergarten, plus some fun items to build excitement about school.
Open House Dates & Times
- Gause Elementary – May 5 from 5 PM to 6 PM
- Washougal Learning Academy – May 9 from 3-4 PM
- Hathaway Elementary – May 10th from 5-6 PM
- Columbia River Gorge Elementary – May 10th from 6-7 PM
- Cape Horn-Skye Elementary – May 25 at 8:30 AM
REGISTERING YOUR CHILD FOR SCHOOL –
Re-enrolling a student who previously attended a Washougal school?
If you’re re-enrolling a student, you don’t need to fill out the New Student Online Enrollment form. Simply contact your child’s school office, and let them know you want to re-enroll. They can use previously provided information to reactivate your student in our system, and will guide you through the process. If you want to do this during the summer break, please reach out to Chiska Leigh at District Office, email@example.com
and she can help.
Please note: Currently enrolled students do NOT need to fill out a registration form for the next school year!
Please gather requested documents and make sure you provide them to the school office as soon as you can. Your child’s registration at the school will not be complete without these essential components.
Washougal School District uses the Skyward system’s Family Access to process new student enrollment.
- If you currently have students enrolled in our district, and are enrolling a younger sibling or other additional students, you can log into your Skyward account and choose “New Student Online Enrollment” in your Family Access menu.
You can find your child’s school using our boundary lookup tool. If your home in Washougal is in Clark County, you can also use the Clark County Property Information Center.
Requested Documents: (These items can be uploaded during the enrollment process. If you do not have a way to take a photo or scan documents, please contact your child’s school. If you do not have the documentation, contact the school after completing the registration. )
- Completed Immunization Record – WA State CIS Form or Signed CIS Form & exemption form**
- For Grades 9-12, unofficial transcript from all previous schools
- For Grades K-8 a copy of your student’s most recent report card
- Birth Certificate, passport, or adoption decree
* To request a Washington State issued birth certificate, click here. For all other states, we suggest searching for the state’s name plus birth certificate in your favorite search engine to find the process to request one.
** Immunization Information
Medically Verified Immunization Records Required
All children attending schools in Washington state must provide medically verified Immunization Records. Students who do not receive the required immunizations or provide exemption information will be excluded from school starting on the first day of school.
Click here for a list of all state required immunizations for students in schools in the state of Washington for each school year.
Vaccines Given in Washington State
- Access the provider-verified certificate on the Washington State Immunization Information System. Once you create an account on Washington MyIR, you will be able to access the certificate at any time.
- Ask your clinic or provider to fax or mail the vaccine report to you or to the nurse at your child’s school. You may also pick this up from the provider’s office.
- Visit your primary care provider and have them print a copy of your child’s Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS). It must be signed, dated, and submitted to the school nurse.
Vaccines Given Outside of Washington State
- Ask your clinic or provider fax or mail the vaccine report to you or to the nurse at your child’s school.
- Transfer your child’s immunizations on to a Washington State Certificate of Immunization (CIS). It must be signed and dated and submitted to the school nurse and we request you attach the original vaccine record.
To request your child to be exempt from any immunization requirement, you must have a completed Certificate of Exemption (COE) form on file, which may be obtained from your child’s school or health care provider.
Students with exempt status will be excluded from school in the event of an outbreak and will remain excluded per Department of Health recommendations. One case constitutes an outbreak for certain illnesses.