Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Support
The Washougal School District Board of Directors recognizes that suicide is a leading cause of death among youth. Our district partners with social service providers and community based organizations to connect youth and families experiencing a mental health crisis with the support they need.
Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Crisis
- If you or someone you know needs crisis support, please call 988
- 988 is a new resource to help connect people with support during a crisis. It works like 911, and directs the caller to a regional National Suicide Prevention Lifeline call center.
- To access crisis support by text, you can Text “HEAL” to 741741 to reach the Crisis Text Line
- Local Youth Specific Resources – Clark County Teen Talk
- Clark County Teen Talk provides nonjudgmental peer-to-peer support for youth, including depression, anxiety, LGBTQ+, family and friends, school, STI and health issues, and sports.
- By phone at 360-397-2428
- By text at 360-984-0936
- @PeppyPenerson on Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Depression, Anxiety, and Counseling Resources and Referrals
School based support is available at every Washougal school. Please contact your child’s school counselor, and visit the WSD Counselor site for more information.
This information is posted in accordance with RCW 28a.320.294