The Washougal School District strives to provide opportunities through a well-balanced activities program. Our philosophy is to develop the whole student and facilitate better understanding of himself/herself.
- Activities are an integral part of the Washougal High School experience.
- Participating in activities should be a part of the education of all students and the district acknowledges its obligation in providing such opportunities.
- Participation in activities helps teach the values of cooperation and the spirit of healthy competition.
- Student participation in school life and recognizing personal achievement are benefits of a diverse activities program.
- Improving self-esteem through participation in activities is demonstrated by:
- Commitment to developing personal and group goals.
- Commitment to work ethic as a path to success and personal fulfillment
- Promoting independence, and self-discipline.
- Putting winning and losing in a healthy perspective.
WHS Student Club Opportunities…contact the Advisor listed if interested or for more info:
- ASL Club – American Sign Language – Tami Grant (Room 319)
- Art Club – Robert Yee (Room 190)
- Black Student Union – Charlotte Lartey (Rm 194)
- Drama Productions – Kelly Gregersen (Room 275)
- Friends of the Library – Fran McCarty (Library)
- FBLA –Future Business Leaders of America – Kathy Scobba & Nicole Simek (Room 286)
- GSA Club – Gay – Straight Alliance – Janet Grove (Room 135)
- HOSA – A Health Occupations Student Leadership Organization – Charlotte Lartey (Rm 194)
- Interact Club – A Community Service Club – Megan Kanzler (Excelsior Building)
- International Club – Vina Black (Room 318)
- Knowledge Bowl – Pam Crockford
- National Honor Society – Jay Bennett (Room 173)
- Red Cross Club – Linda Miller (Room 169)
- Robotics Club – Sheree Clark
- Science Olympiad – Pam Crockford
- SkillsUSA (Culinary) – A Student Leadership Organization – Brenda Hitchins (Room 197)
- SkillsUSA (Metals) – A Student Leadership Organization – Don O’Brien (Metals Shop)
- SkillsUSA (Woods) – A Student Leadership Organization – Brent Mansell (Woodshop)
- SkillsUSA (Video & Photo) – A Student Leadership Organization – Carla Ecklund & Kathy Scobba (Room 194)
- Spanish Club – Rochelle Aiton (Room 317)
- Wild Panther Reading Club – Hillary Marshall (Library)