In response to the emergency of the Nakia Creek Fire, there will be NO school tomorrow, Monday October 17, 2022.
This allows those impacted by the Nakia Creek Fire to prioritize safety and to evacuate. Cape Horn-Skye Elementary and Canyon Creek Middle School are both in the level three evacuation area and have been closed by the fire chief.
- There will be NO school Monday, October 17 at all Washougal Schools.
- There will be no Cascadia Tech bus, Community Education Preschool or Special Education Preschool.
- Coaches for individual sports and advisors for other extracurricular activities will communicate about planned competitions and practices with their teams tomorrow.
- For those impacted by the fire, Gause Elementary School will be open from 10 AM to 2 PM to provide on-site meals, support, and recreational activities.
The district is working with CRESA (Clark Regional Emergency Services Agency) to support students, families, and staff impacted by the fire and the newly expanded evacuation zones. Information about resources and shelters for those impacted can be found at the end of this message, or by visiting the CRESA website linked here.
Nakia Fire Call Center Line for Assistance:
Shelter Location Open at:
- Camas Church of Nazarene
- 2204 NE Birch St, Camas, WA 98607
Ilani Casino and Resort Parking Lots 10 & 11:
- Parking Lots 10 and 11
- Please put a sign in window “Fire Evacuee”
- Parking Only, Gray water will need to be dumped at Gee Creek Rest Area
Livestock Shelter Location:
- Call 360-607-2535 for Assistance
- Clark County Fairgrounds
- 17402 NE Delfel Rd, Ridgefield, WA 98642