WASHOUGAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
2019-20 Position Opening
GIRLS BASKETBALL COACH + EQUIPMENT
Jemtegaard Middle School
$2,780 – $3,622 (depends on school district experience)
– Effectively demonstrate coaching skills at practices and contests.
– Formulate program goals and objectives for the coming sport season.
– Keep abreast of new knowledge, innovative ideas, techniques by attendance at clinics, workshops, and reading in the field and encouraging assistant coaches to do the same.
– Have an understanding of rules and regulations regarding the sport as presented in the WIAA Handbook.
– Keep abreast of rules and rule changes of the sport.
– Assist the Athletic Director as needed, in carrying out the “Special Duties”, as outlined.
– Implement proper procedures for out-of-season practices according to WIAA and Washougal Athletic Policy.
– Be or become a member of professional organizations such as the Washington State Coaches’ Association.
– Provide accurate information needed to compile eligibility lists and other reports.
– Explain all regulations of the Athletic Code. Clarify to athletes the letter award policy.
– Arrange for a systematic issuance of school equipment.
– Implement “Athletic Standards” as outlined in the Athletic Policy.
– Provide information for transportation and game management.
– Assume responsibility for constant care of equipment and facilities being used.
– Follow procedures with the Athletic Director when purchasing equipment.
– Assume supervisory control over all phases of teams in the program, this included traveling to and from all events with the team.
– Organize and schedule practice sessions on a regular basis with the idea of developing the athletes’ greatest potential.
– Apply discipline in a firm and positive manner as outlined in the Athletic Code.
– See that building regulations are understood and enforced.
– Emphasize safety precautions and be aware of best training and injury procedures.
– Conduct oneself and one’s team in an ethical manner during practice and contests.
– Report a summary of all contests and provide any publicity information that will aid the program and athletes.
– Instruct the players concerning rules and rule changes, new knowledge, and innovative ideas/techniques. Teach sportsmanship.
– Teach sportsmanship.
– Arrange for the systemic return of all school equipment and hold the athlete responsible for all equipment not returned.
– Arrange the awards banquet, including letter awards, and special awards.
– Clean, store, and inventory all equipment. Recommend equipment needed to be purchased or repaired.
– Be concerned with the care and maintenance of the facility by making recommendations concerning additions and improvements.
– Recommend equipment needed to be purchased or repaired.
– Submit recommendations for next year’s schedule.
– Related experience required.
– Preferred supervision of locker room.
– New employees: Must be fingerprinted for a Washington State Patrol and FBI inquiry and Washington State Sexual Misconduct inquiry.
– Must possess a valid first aid and CPR card, with an expiration date of at least one year from date of hire.
– Must possess a certificate of attendance for an in-service on HIV/AIDS, and Hepatitis B, provided by the district.
POSTED: October 24, 2019
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH: Open Until Filled
The Washougal School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employee(s) has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator: Aaron Hansen, 4855 Evergreen Way, Washougal WA 98671, (360) 954-3050; Title IX Officer: Gary McGarvie, 1201 39th Street, Washougal WA 98671, (360) 954-3104; Section 504 Coordinator: Aaron Hansen, 4855 Evergreen Way, Washougal WA 98671, (360) 954-3050.