Jemtegaard is a 1:1 Chromebook school, which means all of our students are issued a district-owned Chromebook. We view these Chromebooks as learning tools and they are an integral part of most of our classrooms. These are some of the basic expectations and policies for student use of the Chromebooks:
- Bring their issued Chromebook to school every day.
- Not use their Chromebook for non-academic purposes (games, downloads, chat rooms, instant messaging, viewing websites not related to the assignment, etc.)
- Charge the Chromebook’s battery daily and will not loan out their Chromebook or cover to others.
- Keep the Chromebook off the floor and will keep food and beverages away from the Chromebook.
- Not disassemble any part of the Chromebook or attempt any repairs.
- Not deface the Chromebook or cover in any way. This includes, but is not limited to attaching stickers, marking, painting, drawing, or marring any surface of the Chromebook or cover. Students will not remove or deface the Washougal School District tag number sticker.
- Understand that obscene language and/or materials, including music, screensavers, backdrops, and/or pictures are prohibited.
- Understand that the Chromebook is subject to inspection at any time without notice and remains the property of the school district.
- Follow the expectations outlined in the Parent/Student Chromebook Agreement and the Washougal School District Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) while at school, as well as outside the school day.
- Assume full responsibility of their issued Chromebook. It if is damaged, lost, or stolen I will report it immediately to the office.
- If my Chromebook is accidentally damaged, I will be responsible for the $50 fee or 5 hours of community service at JMS.
- If I purposely damage my Chromebook, I will be responsible for the $463.95 replacement fee.
- If my Chromebook is stolen, I will ask my parents to file a police report.