As we get closer to the start of winter, we are sharing some new changes to our inclement weather process. Based on feedback from the families we serve, our goal is to adjust our process to minimize weather related closures and delays.
Here are the specific steps we are taking:
- We added three buses to snow routes to reduce travel to higher elevation areas
- We are coordinating with Clark and Skamania County road departments to ensure routes we use will be cleared regularly when ice and snow are expected
- We are identifying families who need snow route information so we can limit calls about changes that only impact snow routes, not the start time or status
We value the safety of our students, families, and staff, and we will continue to keep safety at the forefront each time we make a decision on whether to hold school.
Families who are not able to make it to school due to inclement weather can notify their student’s school and excuse the absence.
What to expect when driving conditions are unsafe:
- When there is a delay or closure, we will use ParentSquare to initiate a robocall to all families.
- When we are implementing snow routes, but not a delay or closure, we will only notify families who are served by buses that use snow routes. In the event of a school closure due to inclement weather or an emergency, the information will be updated on the FlashAlert.net site.
You can see what number we have on file for your family by logging into Qmlativ Family Access. The phone call will come from caller ID 360-954-3000.