What is Washougal Learning Academy?
The Washougal Learning Academy (WLA) is a K-8 online option for Washougal students and families looking for a flexible, tailored educational experience that supports students in their experience online. Students enrolled in the WLA will have dedicated time each week to meet with a Washougal certified teacher and establish learning goals, and work with teacher support through an award winning curriculum online.
The WLA provides enrolled students with an internet-capable device and materials for activities. They also have consulting and academic support, periodic class meetings, and opportunities to engage with peers. Learning modules for all subject areas are included in this great option.
Washougal Learning Academy is open to all students of the Washougal School District, and enrollment from other districts as well, and features:
- One-on-one teacher support and monthly progress updates
- Students enrolled at WLA enjoy the same access to sports, clubs, activities, library services, and more, as all other WSD students. No need to worry about missing out on some of the best parts of learning and growing up!
- Part-time enrollment available, so students can mix at-home and classroom learning as desired
- Optional electives to support a broad range of student interests
- Digital and paper curriculum options, as well as online and in-person elective options
Please continue visiting our website for more information, and contact Principal Tami Culp (firstname.lastname@example.org) for general or enrollment questions.