The WSD Middle School Athletic Handbook 23-24 is our reference guide for all middle school athletics and activities. Here you’ll find district policies, eligibility requirements, general rules and conduct expectations, and additional resource information.
- be medically eligible and have their athletic packet* cleared through the office prior to practice.
- purchase an ASB card ($20) and pay a middle school participation fee of $20 for each sport. Students who qualify for Free/Reduced Meals/HB1660 will pay $0 for ASB and $0 sports fee. The F/RM/HB1660 forms must be submitted every year. Qualification in these programs do not automatically carry over from year to year, nor are benefits retroactive.
- meet the minimum 2.0 GPA requirement. Those who do not, will be placed on academic probation. Students on probation may attend practice, but not compete.
- attend at least a half day (a full 3 periods) of school on competition days; any absence must be excused.
- meet minimum practice attendance requirements to compete.
- have paid all outstanding fines or fees.
*The following items are needed for an athlete to have clearance for participation:
- Complete the online FamilyID registration, to include signed (electronically) Athletic Code and Concussion Forms, proof of adequate insurance, and signed (electronically) financial responsibility for missing or damaged uniform or equipment assigned to the student athlete.
- Valid Medical Eligibility Form (also known as a physical; is good for 2 yrs from time taken) must be submitted to the office.
For more information, contact Mr. Healea, Middle School Athletics Director.
Note: We are excited to offer to 6th graders participation in Cross Country (Fall) and Wrestling (Winter). All other sports are currently limited to 7th and 8th graders.
Click here to access FamilyID, the online system to complete required athletic paperwork.
ASB Budget Reports for 2SSB 6062 Compliance (at least last 5 years) are available on the WSD ASB page.