Do you know a student who shows potential for performing at advanced levels?
Students who are highly capable may possess, but are not limited to, these learning characteristics:
- Capacity to learn with unusual depth of understanding, to retain what has been learned and to transfer learning to new situations;
- Capacity and willingness to deal with increasing levels of abstraction and complexity earlier than other peers;
- Creative ability to make unusual connections among ideas and concepts;
- Ability to learn quickly in their area(s) of intellectual strength; and
- Capacity for intense concentration and/or focus.
Submit a nomination to have the student screened for inclusion in our Highly Capable program using the links below!
Nomination Deadline is October 31, 2023. The WSD Multidisciplinary Selections Committee would like to encourage the submission of a nomination during the nomination window 8-31-2023 to 10-31-2023, and prior to the deadline. However, the Washougal School District will also accept ongoing nominations after the deadline. Please use the online form above to nominate a student for the Highly Capable Program. If you need a printed copy of the form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-954-3022.