The Washougal School District and our schools use social media platforms to communicate and engage with our community, while promoting the district’s vision.
We welcome and support patrons in engaging with the district and schools through social media. In order to ensure that these tools remain supportive and helpful places for everyone to participate, board Policy 2022 provides guidelines for participation. Just like we teach our students, we encourage everyone to be civil, constructive, respectful, and responsible when posting to social media. Comments that violate board policy are subject to removal.
The following are types of content that are not allowed on Washougal School District social media sites:
- Comments, posts, or replies that are out of context and/or not related to the topic at hand;
- Comments in support or opposition to political campaigns, candidates, ballot measures, or pending legislation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Commercial advertisements or solicitations;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination as prohibited by WSD board policy;
- Language or content that is profane, vulgar, abusive, denigrating, harassing, intimidating, or bullying in nature;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Content that endangers safety or security of the public or public systems, violates the privacy rights of individuals, or infringes on legal ownership interests of any other party;
- Content that violates Washougal Board Policy 2022 regarding the acceptable use of electronic resources.
Please note that the comments and responses made or expressed by others on any social media platform do not reflect the opinion or position of the Washougal School District or our staff.