The Washougal Learning Academy (WLA) is a K-8 online option for Washougal students and families looking for a flexible, tailored educational experience that supports students in their experience online.
Students enrolled in the WLA will have dedicated time each week to meet with a Washougal certified teacher and establish learning goals, and work with teacher support through an award winning curriculum online.
The WLA will provide enrolled students with an internet-capable device and materials for activities. They will also have consulting and academic support, periodic class meetings, and opportunities to engage with peers. Learning modules for all subject areas are included in this great option.
Benefits of the Washougal Learning Academy:
- Students and families set their own pace in learning
- Daily schedules with flexibility
- Clear objectives in the learning plan to ensure progress
- Project based lessons that teach concepts across subject areas
- Curriculum from the nationally recognized Edmentum and Calvert program
- One hour per week of dedicated time with a teacher
- All learning takes place online
- Program is free to students who live in the Washougal School District attendance area
Who should sign up?
- Students and families who need more flexibility
- Families with high-risk members at home who have concerns about exposure to COVID-19
- Students who prefer to work at their own pace, including ones who want to accelerate learning
- High school students with other commitments, like work or childcare
- High school students who need additional courses to meet graduation standards
How do we sign up?
If you are a current Washougal student, the process begins with your school principal. Contact them to let them know you’re interested in this option. Your schools principal will guide a conversation to ensure this is a great fit for you, and then get you signed up!
If you are not currently enrolled in Washougal, you can fill out our New Student Online Enrollment. When you choose a school, please choose the WLA option! A school staff member will contact you after you complete your application to help guide the rest of the process!
Need more information?
Contact your school principal if you are a current Washougal student, or if you are new to our district, please contact Tracey MacLachlan at 360-954-3002.