Washougal School District has a 6 year Strategic Plan which provides the vision for our district, and the goals we use to ensure that we know, nurture, and challenge all students to rise. The strategic plan was developed after stakeholder meetings in 2018-19 with 17 different patron groups, and feedback from hundreds of stakeholders.
Partnering with district families, community, and our excellent staff, we have seen great success at meeting the goals the community asked for:
- attracting and retaining excellent, regionally and state recognized staff;
- support for innovative programs and initiatives like Youth Arts Month in March;
- a solid plan for life after graduation with our college and career readiness work and dual credit opportunities, and a near 90% on-time graduation rate;
- programs that address gaps in our services that families identified, like dual language programs and transitional kindergarten;
- investments in student support through AVID, MTSS, and our Equity work;
- stewardship of resources while improving the experience for students, like our culinary work, and the sustainability work being done to earn EarthGen certification.
As we approach the mid-point in the 6 year plan, the district is kicking off a check-in process, which is an opportunity for you to share your feedback about our schools, programs, and services to help us continue our work knowing, nurturing, and challenging all students to rise. This will also inform the budgeting process that supports the work outlined in our strategic plan. As we’ve done in past years, we are surveying our community, families of students, and staff, so we’re aware of your thoughts on our progress, and ways we can work to continue our excellent work together.
As part of this process, we will gather information via the survey through the link below and provide opportunities for input during several listening post sessions. We’re excited to hear from you, and the feedback you share will guide recommendations around updates to the strategic plan and our budgeting process.
Listening posts will be scheduled at 5:30 on March 3 and April 20, and 10 AM on April 22.
[super_button label=”Strategic Plan Mid-Point Check-In” tagline=”Learn about the plan, success we’ve seen, and provide feedback via the survey” color=”#d25f1c” link=”https://www.washougal.k12.wa.us/vision-and-mission/” link_opens=”_self”]
We appreciate and value your feedback!