Highly capable students are students who perform or show potential for performing at significantly advanced academic levels when compared with others of their age, experiences, or environments. Highly capable students exhibit outstanding abilities within their general intellectual aptitudes, specific academic abilities, and/or creative within a specific domain. These students are present both in the general populace and are present within all protected classes.
Students who are highly capable may possess, but are not limited to, these learning characteristics:
- Capacity to learn with unusual depth of understanding, to retain what has been learned, and to transfer learning to new situations;
- Capacity and willingness to deal with increasing levels of abstraction and complexity earlier than other peers;
- Creative ability to make unusual connections among ideas and concepts;
- Ability to learn quickly in their area(s) of intellectual strength; and
- Capacity for intense concentration and/or focus.
The Highly Capable Enrollment Nomination Window will be open through October 31, 2022.
Nomination Deadline is October 31, 2022
[super_button icon=”fa-pagelines” label=”Highly Capable Nomination Form” tagline=”Nomination Window is Open” color=”#329350″ link=”https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdd5JLViyrBsF0SMLNnGuOJnn80BJJcAx25HnbjwWjjaDVyhg/viewform” link_opens=”_self”]
[super_button icon=”fa-pagelines” label=”FORMULARIO DE NOMINACIÓN DE WSD ALTA CAPACIDAD” tagline=”Nominación para 2022-2023″ color=”#572700″ link=”https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdSH4lu2aDHSIw_XuAGU6pP1su3Nxdfz9xxhuzmdXVxLhSHKQ/viewform” link_opens=”_self”]
The WSD Multidisciplinary Selections Committee would like to encourage the submission of a nomination during the nomination window 8-31-2022 to 10-31-2022, and prior to the deadline. However, the Washougal School District will also accept ongoing nominations after the deadline. Please use the attached online form to nominate a student for the Highly Capable Program. If you need a printed copy of the form, please contact email@example.com or call 360-954-3022.