District Wellness Objective: To promote one to two activities annually that engage the community and create continuity between schools in order to assist students and staff in practicing lifelong healthy habits as well as assist/support schools in meeting building wellness goals.
Activity ideas to work toward
|Activities to Address Objective||Timeline for each Activity||Community Engagement|
||Focused activities for Wellness Committee to promote annually include the following:
1. Chair massage offered at each building twice annually
2. Include staff in school competition for STRIDE Event to benefit the WSD Foundation; Awards given to schools based on participation of students & staff
3. Ensure participation of at least 6 vendors for Wellness, Exercise, Fitness &/or Nutrition available at the district’s benefit fair.
Timeline for completion of each activity:
1. October – May
2. End of May
Community partners to engage in these wellness activities:
1. Pure Wellness, Ripple, others
2. Washougal Schools Foundation
3. Benefits Fair Committee and Wellness Committee Members
|Budget considerations: Donations and/or other costs related to incentives like gift cards, etc|
Margaret Rice, Renae Burson, Sarika Mosley, Gary McGarvie, Mark Jasper, Mark Bauer