District Wellness Objective: To promote one to two activities annually that engage the community and create continuity between schools in order to assist students and staff in practicing lifelong healthy habits as well as assist/support schools in meeting building wellness goals.
Data to Justify Objective
|Activities to Address Objective||Timeline for each Activity||Community Engagement|
Survey was created to determine wellness wants/needs.
|Focused activities for Wellness Committee to promote annually include the following:
1. Chair massage offered at each building twice annually
2. Include staff in school competition for STRIDE Event to benefit the WSD Foundation; Awards given to schools based on participation of students & staff
3. Increase vendors for Wellness, Exercise, Fitness &/or Nutrition available at the district’s benefit fair by at least two
Timeline for completion of each activity:
1. October – May
2. End of May
Community partners to engage in these wellness activities:
1. Massage School or business
2. Washougal School District Foundation
3. Benefits Fair Committee and Wellness Committee Members
|Budget considerations: Some funds might be needed to pay for massage offerings.|
Committee Members: Margaret Rice, Patsy Boles, Renae Burson, Kim Williams, Paula John, Heather Jones, Gary McGarvie, Mark Jasper, Mark Bauer.